This is the drink that made me realize that I might like bourbon…
It’s spicy, it’s refreshing, and it’ll knock you on your tail if you’re not careful. On a warm day, these drinks disappear very quickly.
Backsliding Presbyterian, Evan Bucholz, Brix & Rye, Greenport, NY, 2016
- 2.0 oz Bourbon
- 0.5 oz Campari
- 1.0 oz Ginger Syrup
- 1.0 oz Lime Juice
- 3.0 oz Club Soda
- Garnish: Lime wedge
- Chill a highball glass.
- Combine all ingredients except for club soda in a cocktail shaker
- Fill the shaker with ice and shake vigorously for about 10 seconds
- Add club soda and tumble 2-3 times
- Strain into the highball glass
- Bourbon: use whatever you like but don’t use one that’s too sweet. My preference for mixing is Old Grand-Dad 114 because it doesn’t get overshadowed by the other ingredients.
- There’s just enough Campari to cut the sweetness. This is not a bitter drink.
- Club Soda: when I say ‘tumble’, I mean ‘pour from one shaker tin to another. You shake carbonated drinks at your own peril. (Don’t ask me how I know.)
About Matt Mathai
My Santa Fe street cred: almost zero, but I do love it here. My wife and I retired to Santa Fein 2019 after buying our house here in 2012. We lived in Annapolis, MD for many years and had long careers. Mine was in technology – airline communications, healthcare, and online training delivery.
Unlock Full Restaurant Guide Features
Website Launch DiscountGood Through Dec 31, 2022 for the $19.99
Full Unlocked Features
40+ Food Trucks
Benefits include valuable coupons for Restaurants and Food Trucks: Dinner For Two, Horno, Mille, Santa Fe Bite, Fusion Tacos, Jesushi and many more.
Restaurant Hours, Website Links, Phone Numbers, Google Maps & More