Green Chile Cheeseburgers
- Boxcar—The Boxcar has quickly become a favorite spot for casual dining and drinking in a casual bar atmosphere. They have surprised locals by serving food that rises above what one would consider typical bar food. Pretty much everything on the menu is very good. Live music and D.J.'s are slowly making a post COVID return as well.
- El Parasol— The El Parasol concept began in 1958 with Pedro and Lorenzo Atencio, ten and twelve years old respectively, selling their mother’s beef tacos and red pork tamales under a patio umbrella on the main street in Espanola. Check out their fascinating history on their website.Yea, it's a taco spot but everyone raves about the burgers.
- Horseman’s Haven Cafe— From steak and eggs to Carne Adovada and eggs to a breakfast burrito, the Horseman's got breakfast down to a science.
- Luminaria Restaurant & Patio— Recognized as the 2021 Edible Green Chile Cheeseburger Smackdown Finalist, this is a top GCCB. A warm and sociable environment, fabulous cuisine, fantastic wines, and signature custom-crafted cocktails are just some of the hallmarks. Happy hour at the Living Room provides an inviting environment any time of day.
- Plaza Cafe Downtown—The Plaza Cafe, Santa Fe’s oldest restaurant, has been serving highly acclaimed, authentic traditional dishes since 1905. In 1947, Dan (Dionysus) Razatos, a Greek immigrant with an American dream, took over the Plaza Cafe and his family has been feeding Santa Fe ever since. Dan married a local girl named Beneranda Maria Montoya Saiz and together they ran the Plaza and raised six children. As their children grew they all worked at the Plaza and helped to create what the restaurant is today. The Razatos family kept the traditional cooking methods and flavor combinations of New Mexico and added some recipes from Greece, all the while keeping with the classic American diner experience. This is why you’ll find everything from blue corn green chile carne asada enchiladas with a warm pillowy sopaipilla to chicken fried steak with mashed potatoes and gyro with a Greek salad on the side. Located on the historic Santa Fe Plaza you won’t find a better view or atmosphere while you enjoy an authentic New Mexican experience. A favorite among locals and movie stars alike, everyone finds what they are looking for at the Plaza. Mentions from the group: Frito Pie
- Real Burger— A local fave, Real Burger serves up your choice of flattop or char-grilled burgers and they make homemade French fries. What's not to love?
- Santa Fe Bite—Subscribing Members Receive 50% off select starters wit meal purchase. Cup of their homemade Texas Chile. Chile Cheese. Homefries topped with Monterey Jack cheese (red, green, Christmas or Texas). House Nachos (no meat) homemade tortilla chips with Montery Jack cheese and refried beans and topped with lettuce, chopped jalapenos, guacamole, sour cream and pico de Gallo. The former owners of Bobcat Bite, Bonnie and John Eckre rebranded Santa Fe Bite and relocated to a strip center off St. Michael's (after leaving the Garrett's Desert Inn). Their fan base continues to roll in for a green chile cheeseburger and fries just like the old days. Friday's for Fish and Chips. Fried Chicken on Saturdays. Unlock Full Restaurant Guide Features Website Launch Discount Good Through Dec 31, 2022 for the $19.99 $ 19 99 First Year Full Unlocked Features 240 Restaurants 190 Categories 40+ Food Trucks Benefits include valuable coupons for Restaurants and Food Trucks: Dinner For Two, Horno, Mille, Santa Fe Bite, Fusion Tacos, Jesushi and many more. Get Started Popular
- Second Street Brewery at the Railyard— Brewing beer since 1996, Second Street has three locations to choose from. There's the original on 2nd St. The Railyard location and then Rufina near Meow Wolf. All locations have a full kitchen and are family-friendly with a very loyal following.
- Second Street Brewing | Rufina Taproom—
Brewing beer since 1996, Second Street has three locations to choose from. There's the original on 2nd St. The Railyard location and then Rufina near Meow Wolf. All locations have a full kitchen and are family-friendly with a very loyal following.