- Atrisco’s— This third-generation restaurant family also owns Tomasita's and this neighborhood restaurant and bar is always busy. A casual spot to belly up to the bar and make some new friends. Open Early at 8AM Saturdays & Sundays.
- Baja Tacos— This fast-casual spot on Cerrillos is known for its tacos and breakfast burritos as well as their quick & speedy fast-food-style service. But it ain't your typical fast food. Locals love them.
- Boxcar—The Boxcar has quickly become a favorite spot for casual dining and drinking in a casual bar atmosphere. They have surprised locals by serving food that rises above what one would consider typical bar food. Pretty much everything on the menu is very good. Live music and D.J.'s are slowly making a post COVID return as well.
- Café Castro— Down on Cerrillos, this is an old-school, beloved spot for locals.
- Churro Bar—Delicious, artful Churros. They are located at El Barrio in the plaza area near the Lensic Theater Thursdays through Fridays 9AM-2PM.
- Cowgirl— If there ever was a place that felt like a local watering hole this would be it. The live music brunch every Sunday is legendary. Some group mentions are: Chile Cheese Fries (smothered with Xmas), Nachos, Chicken Fired Steak, Catfish, Chile Rellenos Unlock Full Restaurant Guide Features Website Launch Discount Good Through Dec 31, 2022 for the $19.99 $ 19 99 First Year Full Unlocked Features 240 Restaurants 190 Categories 40+ Food Trucks Benefits include valuable coupons for Restaurants and Food Trucks: Dinner For Two, Horno, Mille, Santa Fe Bite, Fusion Tacos, Jesushi and many more. Get Started Popular
- El Comal— Described as “like an old Santa Fe chile parlor, inexpensive and really good food.” Especially the sopapillas.
- El Parasol— The El Parasol concept began in 1958 with Pedro and Lorenzo Atencio, ten and twelve years old respectively, selling their mother’s beef tacos and red pork tamales under a patio umbrella on the main street in Espanola. Check out their fascinating history on their website.Yea, it's a taco spot but everyone raves about the burgers.
- Fusion Tacos Food #1 Truck— Subscribing Members receive 10% off any order excluding the taco Tuesday special. One of the most popular food trucks in town. A Where the Locals Go favorite for sure. With more than several locations to prove their success, what else do you need to know? A top locals favorite! Favs from the group: Birria